Tips on taking the Speaking Test

After having studied the actual speaking test questions that came out in the last five months and after having my one-to-one practices with my co-teachers,  I also took notice of the following tips, without which I could not have gotten a 9.0 in the speaking component of the IELTS.

Please pay attention to the following tips and with confidence be ready to see a 9.0 in your speaking test report form.

1.  Don't be nervous.  Smile!
2.  Always explain your answer.
3.  Don't forget to cite examples..
4.  Vary your opening lines in answering the different questions.
5.  Use discourse markers.
6.  Emphasize important words.
7.  Be creative in the 2nd part of the interview.
8.  Use complicated sentence structures.
9.  Use idiomatic expressions.
10.Minimize hand gestures.
11.Pronounce the words properly.
12.Intonate properly.

Let me hear about what you think about the tips!

Robert

Comments

  1. Hi Sir Rob! This is from your student before and I got 8.0 in my speaking test. Congratulations ha! Daghan na kaayo ang inyong natabangan. Keep it up. Good tips by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sir, perfect tips. Unta makayanan gyud nako ni karong April 17.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished my speaking test. :-) I followed all the tips delineated here. I was calm all throughout the test. I hope I can make it. Billy was so cool in conducting the test. He's very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sa wakas natapos ko na rin ang ielts exam, to all TSAA staff,,thank you so much.lalo na sa mga teachers namin.GOOD LUCK sa lahat ng mga nagexam ngayong April.

    ReplyDelete
  5. helo sir, can you please further explain yes/no and true/false..i really have difficulty on it.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi faith28! I shall hold a remedial class on Thursday 6 May. I shall include in my discussion the principles concerning YES/NO/NOT GIVEn and TRUE/FALSE/NOT GIVEN. Look for Sheena asap and reserve your seat. See yah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leah Lao: Thank you so much sa lahat ng staff and instructors from TSAA for making my stay there a pleasurable and rewarding experience! Twice na po ako nagreview jan, because my first test expired, I always get the best review materials & train with the best teachers in the field! Maraming salamat po! Di ko po na-expect na makakapicture ako holding the most coveted TSAA Top-notchers' Tropheeeee!!! Heheheh :D God bless po! Sana na-enjoy nyo po ang cake & icecream hehe <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 interviewers:
    1. donna flyn and
    2. i forgot the name
    long hair guy, very cool in asking question:

    - need to align the sit in front of him as it was facing the wall

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TSAA-IELTS Davao's 2023 IELTS Review Classes (NEWEST)